TravelgateX participates in the closing of the first Conector Travel
Posted by Vero
The TravelgateX team participated in the closing of the first Conector Travel program at the Caixa Forum in Palma alongside with entrepreneurs and startups who presented their elevator pitches to local investors. The Demo Day had a round table in which Pablo Sánchez who’s in charge of the Metasearch Business Development at Mirai, Pello Meaurio, Director of Consumer Experience at Ávoris, Pedro Camara TravelgateX CEO and mentor of the startup accelerator. The moderator of the table was Pep Lluís Pons, General Director of Innovation and Research of the Government of the Balearic Islands.
Pedro Camara started by emphasizing that “startups and entrepreneurs who launch their products need to understand that the first few months are critical and the hard work needs to be done. Get something out as soon as possible, talk to the client, see if the product serves its purpose and if it doesn’t, change it.” For his part, Pablo Sanchez mentioned that “it’s important to have a vision and try to put yourselves in your audiences’ shoes. See how you can apply the solutions and find some way to collaborate.”
Last but not least, Pello Meaurio pointed out that “too many times startups start their journey looking for funding when in reality they should focus on making sure that the project that is being implemented works for both parties”.
After the round table, the Demo Day featured presentations from 5 accelerated startups of Connector Travel Tech:
- Sharryup: An online travel platform that offers group experiences for the surfing community and for extreme sports enthusiasts.
- Tourinia: A platform that unifies all the destination services and customizes their booking experience by segmenting the offers.
- Driveando: Platform that offers users self-drive excursion to discover a destination with their own rented or shared car.
- Triplist: A web platform and app that extracts information from emails, social networks, mobile photo gallery or user’s Trip Advisor profile and recommends flights and travel packages taking into account their past experiences and travel preferences.
- Chartok.com: A centralized communication hotel software.
The event ended with a networking cocktail in which the entrepreneurs had the opportunity to talk with all those interested in their projects.Learn More About TravelgateX